Veletrh neziskovych organizaci 2006
Studentske forum 2000 si Vás s radostí dovoluje pozvat na již sedmý ročník Veletrhu neziskových organizací (NGO Market 2006), který se bude konat 25. dubna 2006 v Praze, v prostorech Muzea hlavního města Prahy (Na Poříčí 52, Praha 8 – Nové Město). (více..)
What is Students' Forum 2000
The Students’ Forum 2000 initiative was created as a youth branch of the FORUM 2000 Foundation. The reason behind was to provide young people with the opportunity to reflect the mission of the FORUM 2000 and extend its scope with their visions and opinions.
Since 1998 the Students’ Forum 2000 organized annual conferences on various topics in close connection and cooperation with the FORUM 2000 conferences and was credited for its effort and results.
Over the years the Students’ Forum 2000 developed a wider field of activities. The most important were aimed at the development of civil society and resulted in the annual Market of Non-Governmental Organizations (or NGO-market) an exposition of the nongovernmental sector in Czech Republic with numerous foreign participants.
Additionally a variety of study sessions and seminars were organized to further develop the potential of youth actives within the nongovernmental sector. These activities deepened the theoretical overview of the various aspects of civic society and equipped the participants with practical skills which they used and are still using to run a broad specter of organizations and projects around the globe.
Presently the Students’ Forum 2000 is still in close connection with the mission and work of the FORUM 2000 foundation. Its members regularly participate at the preparation of the FORUM 2000 conference and acquire skills, knowledge and experience they use to prepare new projects of the Students’ Forum itself.
These new projects are closely related to the actual social and political development and are directed to the following fields of activities:
- Development of Civic society. Especially the mobilization and education of young people for working within this framework
- Transfer of Civil Society know how to transitional countries thru The Long Term Training Course and other activities
- Pursuing public debates about all actual issues via seminars and discussions
- We invest a lot while preparing young people to get skills knowledge and self-confidence for a good start when finishing school and beginning a professional career
- Least but not last, an important amount of our activities are aimed at informal activities so that the more serious work is balanced with an appropriate amount of sport, traveling and other free time activities
Students' Forum is organized under the auspices of Mr. Vaclav Havel, former president of the Czech Republic.